Thursday, March 13, 2014

UPCOMING FEATURED ARTIST

 BONGO MO hits the scene with an uncanny lyricism and powerful vocals
  The North Carolina native was born in Wallace, and gives credit towards his place of birth for his development as an artist.

When undergoing a brief interview this is what the artist Bongo Mo had to say

Q&A

Myself: What exactly does Bongo Mo mean?

Bongo Mo: I call myself Bongo because I walk to the beat of my own drum. Bongo is the drum and mo is only a man.

Myself: What time of day does your creative skills peak?


Bongo Mo: Most inspired late nights or early mornings.

Myself: Whats your say on certain topics; such as, music, life and people?

Bongo Mo:  I think music is coming back to a better place now, for awhile it was like people wanted the glamorous rap bunch of false truths about false occasions...now its getting back to the art and its raw rugged but much more on the lyrical side of things.

Bongo Mo: I feel as an artist you have to mix in what the fans need...bringing reality to the forefront is a great key to longevity.

Myself : Who are your Idols?

Bongo Mo: Mother and Father, Bob Marley. I mostly admire the grind and drive of others you know da guy hustling da corners n da 9 to 5 to feed da family. Anybody setting goals and pressing to find them.

Myself: Are you a rastafarian?

Bongo Mo: I've walked the path of rasta for four years the way life has definitely given me strength and knowledge of self... non violent principals that still evade me.  


In the end we exchanged thanks you's and he said "Rasta taught me how to give unfair biased on things more then nothing and taught me about self respect."
 '
While walking away he states " You gotta walk your own path dats what I try to do with my music."



To hear Bongo Mo please click below









3 comments: