Tuesday, April 8, 2014

WEDNESDAY'S DEBUT ARTIST

  Marc Spano BRINGS THE SOUND OF THE SOUTHERN SOUL 

Right now lend him your eyesight, as Marc Spano sparks the interest of FTSOradionews and several others at Elon University in Elon N.C. and surrounding areas.
 At age 18, Spano, (which is his stage name), is originally from Charlotte N.C; Spano is a music producer who is currently attending Elon University as a freshman. 

"I'm a producer and engineer. I mostly do hip hop music, so I make beats and record/mix and master the artists works" said Spano.


 Spano mentions his talent coming to life around the ages of 10 or 11, yet maturing around 14.He also mentions being managed by Super Lover Cee, (whom was signed with Sony).

Spano said "I started around 10 or 11, and I think I started getting pretty good around 14 lol,"'

I've had a few moments I am very proud of, such as being in the studio with an old school rapper who was signed with Sony in the late 80's, early 90's named Super Lover Cee. He now manages me and my music team." 



Spano said during our interview,"I'm also proud of the many shows and parties I've been able to have my music played and performed at."

Spano uses Logic as his "main software for beats, recording and mixing,"Spano adds,' That is all I really use plus a few plug ins that go along with that software."



Myself-... another thing as a beat-head that I've found an ordeal in deeming sample music as an art form. Do you feel that sample music vs regular beat-composition is an art form? 


Spano-"I'm a huge fan of sampling because that's how hip hop originated and was meant to be. Sampling is definitely an art form of it's own. I sample for most of my beats, although I'm trying to make more beats from scratch now. The way a good soul/jazz sample sounds over hip hop drums is my favorite sound ever."





Spano continues to tell me of his musical influences. Names are mention:such as, "boom bap" producers and artists like Planet Asia and Statik Seletkah to artists like Kendrick Lamar."


"My first influences growing up were 50 Cent, Eminem and Nas, which is why I like the style of rap I do now,"Spano said.

 He continues to tell me exactly the method/message behind the "madness"or if this is just a shear love for music?

Spano replies "It's a shear love music, but I really hope that I can bring authentic hip hop back to the mainstream, instead of just southern club music."

He then gives a shout out to other team of rappers and producers that he feels are,"just as dedicated as myself to make a name for ourselves in this business. Shout out Always Run Deep and Fly Ignorance!"

 Marc Spano concludes, "I always stay humble and i always do my best to take advantage of opportunities."


Just before ending the interview I asked, And for the ladies out there, are you single?
Spano replies laughing,"Yes I have a girlfriend of 4 months!" 

Sorry ladies, he is taken.  BUT to hear his music click below



 







1 comment: