Sunday, April 27, 2014

UPCOMING FEATURED ARTIST

 "DYNAMIC DUO" FEATURING THE COMPOSER AU79 & FTSO'S 1ST BONGO MO

AU79

BONGO MO

With the Wu Tang sample "Bring the Rukis" these two create their own "Rukis" by taking the distinctive sound and talents of music composer AU79 and adding the raw and uncanny lyrics of Bongo Mo.

 Bongo Mo, is a N.C. native, born and raised in a town called Wallace, in the Duplin County area.

AU79, contributes his music to this area, but is a Wilmington, Del. native. 

Both are in their twenties, with Bongo Mo being the oldest. 

They met through mutual friend of Bongo Mo, (AU79's brother), the rap artist Nixxstyles. 

 
Well, I met Bongo thru my brother, because he was interested in my beats. Bongo has been working with me and with my beats now for so long, he was there when I had my Dr-880; which was my first drum machine.---AU79
Bongo Mo confirms this by mentioning Nixxxstyles as his "Homie." I then had to ask the both of them, where the inspiration sparked from.
AU79 said,"I was listening to the Wu-tang Clan and at first the Rukis track was going to be a remix.  My project really was trying to remix enter the Wu-tang album, but then the track jam so much, I decided to make a nice rap beat.

Bongo Mo said,"The beat sparked me with its gritty bass."
 From there we discussed the Wu-tang influenced.  AU79 mentioned,"The Wu tang, in my opinion, represents the integrity and originality that is missing not only from hip hop but from artists but people in general.
Which reminded me of what Bongo Mo said from our previous interview. Bongo Mo said," I think music is coming back to a better place now, for awhile it was like people wanted the glamorous rap bunch of false truths about false occasions...now its getting back to the art and its raw rugged but much more on the lyrical side of things."
Simultaneously, we all decided to go out and get a bite to eat, from McDonald's.  There Bongo Mo explained to me what the "Rukis" meant to him.
"Musically, this means we have to bring everything up, we have to bring it, the intensity, the bars and the high energy and place it right in peoples faces. My Rukis is raw bars, raw energy and speaking on the reflection of  how I move" said Bongo Mo.
AU79 remained quiet through the meal.

After a few laughs, I then remembered in the past AU79 was also known as, QeyzPersuasion. So I asked why did he have multiple names and what are their meanings?

 " AU79 stands for gold but that's just a throwaway name just another moniker I go under, and my fiance coined the other names; such as, Qeyz tha Digger, and cute nicknames," answered AU79.

 Just the following month we learned what Bongo Mo's name meant.
I call myself Bongo because I walk to the beat of my own drum. Bongo is the drum and mo is only a man.--Bongo Mo from Mar. 13 2014.To see that interview click http://ftsoradionews.blogspot.com/2014/03/upcoming-featured-artist.html
Both concluded the interview with very powerful statements, 
"Alot of artist need positivity around them and a extra push, my music goals is to unify with artist I admire, I feel you can be happy doing what your doing when its for yourself and others around you,with us its Family First, Double F, and its actually a couple of us related in the set.---Bongo Mo











Artist is smoking a Black and Mild.
"Its like my names, ..limitless amounts,of altruistic goals, with integrity, and most importantly RESPECT,"---AU79

To view the Debut of the collab "RUKIS" click video below.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment