Sunday, June 1, 2014

UPCOMING FEATURED ARTIST

 NKOSI PYREX THE KING AND FTSO'S LEGENDARY BONGO MO COLLABORATE WITH THE INTENT OF TAKING THE RAP HUSTLE TO A NEW LEVEL
 
The idea to do the collaboration was from former FTSO artist Bongo Mo
Bongo Mo is originally from Wallace N.C. and a former resident of Bull City, Durham N.C.
When asked about how he felt about Nkosi the King he responded,
 "I feel like Nkosi uses his street expertise as an extra edge with his lyricism, this is very common amongst the best rappers; the use of personal experiences to round out strong lyrical content."

Nkosi, named after the Swahili word for king, ruler and/or leader, is a Queens native, raised in Brooklyn.
" Grew up moving around a lot, trying to finish school and stay out of trouble," says Nkosi when asked how he landed in Duplin County, N.C.
Nkosi has been writing since age 9, recalling the 4th grade.
Nkosi says, "I believe in pushing my music to its fullest extent". 
Nkosi met Bongo in a cypher at college. Nkosi refers to making music as a way to keep himself sane.  
 It keeps me going. Been doing music for so long its second-nature to me, like a bodily function. ---Nkosi
I then asked did he have anything he felt would help additional artist like himself?
 My advice for artists on the come up is to stay devoted and be your own artist. I'd describe my rapping as all three. I deliver versatility. I'm able to do many different types of tracks, from street to deep, and keep my lyrics up to par.

Nkosi Pyrex and Bongo Mo
"Bongo Mo and I both believe in staying true to the art no matter what. Don't really do mottos, but mistakes are the bridges between inexperience and wisdom. That's why I make sure I learn from them. The worst mistakes are the ones we don't learn from."---Nkosi
 Video Seen BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment