Saturday, June 7, 2014

UPCOMING FEATURED ARTIST

MON-SKII THE JUDGE NOW IN SESSION

 "ALL RISE"

COURTESY OF FACEBOOK

Born in Kenansville North Carolina under the childhood nickname Mon-skii the former "problem child" started to rap at 8 years old. 
Mon-skii contributed some of his music to artist, such as, Tupac Shakir, The Wu-Tang, DMX, LOX, Nas and Ice Cube.
Big fan of Tupac of course! I was also a fan of Wu-tang, DMX, LOX,and Nas. Mainly any artist that was a lyricist. I have to say my main influence was ICE CUBE'S song "Today was a good day", for the simple fact that it was the first song I rapped live, in front of people, at 8 years old.

When asked about how things were growing up, Mon-skii said
Well I never went hungry and always had a roof over my head. No matter how much my mom struggle she did her best not to let me and my brother know. I was a problem child throughout school and I barely graduated. I started rapping when I was 8 years old and that was great way that I could channel a lot of things I was going through.--Mon-skii
 This young gentlemen took things to the next level and began to make music that in turns illustrates the complex issues and interactions that come with the current youth, and his own personal experiences.
I'm all about truth and reality and building our youth up to be more than what their being programmed to be. I don't promote violence or drug dealing I just speak on the life I lived and what goes on in it as far as what I have seen and went through. If I was raised on a farm then I would rap about horses, cows, and hay.---Mon-skii
Mon-skii passes a very spiritual judgement on the concepts of money in day-to-day living.

In the words of the late Bob Marley "Being rich is nothing to do with materials or how much you have". I learned over the years that if your mind is trapped then so is your body. Don't get me wrong I like to have money but I don't let it control me. I control it! And a lot of people are putting money and the means to get it for their own self. This is "The root of all evil." It took me a while before I could really comprehend  how much of a truth this statement is.--Mon-skii

 As I was speaking with this inspirational artist I began to want to know exactly how the music came together?  And why did he chose certain sounds, or which grasp his attention?

Mon-skii said

"First It starts with a feeling. I usually get the feeling from the beat. Then I hum the way I want to flow and add the words later. I prefer to rhyme with as many words as possible,'Often I enjoy/love sounds with instruments (drums,guitar,piano,flute etc...)."

Mon-skii career has led him to speak at the Hustle Bang's 3rd Annual Stop The Violence Program. 

The Hustle Bang's 3rd annual Stop The Violence program is to let the youth of Duplin County know that we can do better and there is a way out.---Mon-skii
 Mon-skii had a few words of advice that he wanted to share.

I look at myself as an inspiration. No matter how young or old, or how much you been through, it's never to late to follow whatever dream you have--Mon-Skii 
the Judge

To hear Mon-skii Listen Below 












No comments:

Post a Comment